Last week was one of those twisty and tumultuous weeks. Halfway through, I wasn’t sure which end was up anymore. I only knew I was down. Then a package from a dear friend arrived in the mail. Inside was a warm hug. Okay, it was really some new, adorable, just-the-right-size clothes for little Noah. But I was so touched. Who knew you could send sunshine through the US Mail?
The very next day, a little more sunshine popped up on my laptop when Cathy C. Hall passed along a blog award to me and fellow writer Lisa Ricard Claro. My week was looking better and better by the minute. I’d say it’s the little things in life that mean the most, but then again, I don’t consider great friends to be such a small thing.
Before I pass the Sunshine Blog Award on to someone else, I get to share a few of my favorite things with you…
- Favorite Color – Hmmmm…used to be fire engine red (you should’ve seen my favorite knee-socks), but these days it’s soft, soothing green
- Favorite Animal – Indiana Jones Mayhew, a.k.a. Indy the Wonder Dog
- Favorite Number – 12
- Favorite Drink – Sweet Tea…unless my sister Louie is in town. Then it’s Blackberry Arbor Mist over frozen berries.
- Facebook or Twitter – facebook – I’m twit-less
- Your Passions – Jesus, my seven favorites, my high school sweetheart (yes, I mean Nathanael!), my family and friends, writing, and all those great books
- Giving or Getting Presents – Ooooh, both! Unless the present for me is a tall, skinny statue of something that should be short and fat…
- Favorite Day – Any day with a little laughter
- Favorite Flowers – Easter Lily
And now I’m excited to pass this award on (maybe giving IS more fun than receiving!). I’m going to send a little sunshine to Rebecca Nemeth and Katherine Mayhew.
Visit Rebecca’s blog “Dixie Livin’” and you’ll feel right at home. It’s like pouring a nice cup of tea, pulling up a chair, and chatting with a friend. I love this girl, and you will, too.
Visit Katherine’s blog “Katherine’s Mission” and learn about the amazing things Katie is doing for a special group of children in East Africa. Yes, she’s my daughter. And yes, I’m a little biased. But I can’t imagine a more fitting blog award for someone who lets her light shine so brightly.
As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Each visit brings a little sunshine and cheer for me. Happy Monday!